How to Apply
For information on the course and how to apply, please see the dedicated course listing.
How we determine your application
When determining whether to offer you a place, we take into account the following criteria:
- your academic record (including your actual or predicted degree result and actual or predicted result in the CPE/ GDL)
- (for full-time applications via the Central Applications Board) whether you have put Cardiff as your first, second or third choice
- your statement in support of your application
- the reference from your referee
- whether you have a sufficient command of English to complete the course
- your degree of commitment to the solicitors' profession (as evidenced by placements with solicitors' firms or equivalent experience, or a secured training contract)
- your reasons for wanting to study the LPC at Cardiff, and
- any special personal reasons affecting your freedom to study elsewhere.
We conduct our student recruitment, selection and assessment procedures on an equal opportunities basis. We are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated equally, regardless of their age, colour, race, ethnic or national origins, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, physical or sensory disabilities, or their political or religious beliefs.
Stage 2 only applications
If you have already studied Stage 1 of the LPC and wish to study one or more Stage 2 vocational electives at Cardiff please contact us direct (Tel: +44 (0)29 208 76106 or email email@example.com).
Our Stage 2 vocational electives are delivered from March to June in each year.