The Interfaith Legal Advisers Network
Papers from First Meeting
At the first meeting, Network Members shared experiences of their own religious legal systems and how they are administered at the interface with the civil law of the State.
Papers from Second Meeting
At the second meeting, Network Members shared their experiences on how their own religious traditions interact with the law on marriage, including divorce, re-marriage, interfaith marriages and civil partnerships.
Papers from Third Meeting
At the third meeting, Network Members focused on religious courts and tribunals, examining their organization and structure and the enforcement of their decisions, including their recognition, review and examination by secular courts.
- Church in Wales
- Church of England
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church of Scotland
- Muslim Arbitration Tribunal
- Religious Society of Friends
Papers from Fourth Meeting
At the fourth meeting examine recent and forthcoming developments in discrimination law and to address matters of common concern in a neutral academic environment.
- The Implications of the Court of Appeal Decision in Ladele and Other Case Law Developments – a paper by Russell Sandberg
- Who is a Jew? Jewish Faith Schools and the Race Relations Act 1976 - a Paper by Frank Cranmer
- First Meeting (December 2007)
- Second Meeting (June 2008)
- Third Meeting (January 2009)
- Fourth Meeting (March 2010)
- Laws and Regulations