The Interfaith Legal Advisers Network
Background and objectives
The first of its kind in the UK, the Interfaith Legal Advisers Network (ILAN) was established by Cardiff Law School’s Centre of Law and Religion in December 2007. The Network was developed in response to the large number of recent high profile court cases involving religion, including cases concerning religious dress, sacred animals, and faith schools and the considerable challenges for faith groups posed by the in State law on religion.
The Network seeks to facilitate an ongoing discussion providing members with a greater understanding of their respective religious legal systems and the common legal issues they face.
Photographs from the fourth meeting held at Lambeth Palace in March 2010
- First Meeting (December 2007)
- Second Meeting (June 2008)
- Third Meeting (January 2009)
- Fourth Meeting (March 2010)
- Fifth Meeting (October 2011)
- Sixth Meeting (May 2012)
- Seventh Meeting (November 2013)
- Eighth Meeting (June 2014)